View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 11:11 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Watch your accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthor View Post
Well I woke up this morning to find some texts showing my card had been used at 2:53 am and 6 am while I was sound a sleep. Now the mess of trying to straighten everything out begins.
Don't worry about 'a mess;' there won't be any. If a credit card there's an '800' number on the back and ask for the 'fraud squad.' All card issuer's have one and they're all over this in a flash. They can pull up your account and do their magic. A charge back to the seller (or a hold on the payment) will happen immediately.

You may not know (from the charge) who was the 'retailer' but they do and more often than not they will call while you're on 'hold' on the phone. Retailers don't like to get screwed over either ... and if they accepted the card without checking the signature on the back or (now it seems**) asking for a photo ID they're toast.

If a charge against your chequing account there will be similar action ... but you may not know for up to a month if you don't go 'on line' and watch your account activity (rare this type of fraud but will actually happen, but it does - 'Old folks with 'in home' take care).

** Interesting new stuff here in my area. I rarely use a credit card of any kind save for something like an Amazon.com purchase. Last several purchases with my debit card I was asked for photo ID.

End game is you have to be 'pro-active' ASAP.

fae