View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 10:26 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Standard Material on hand

I don't know what "standard" you're talking about! I've been collecting materials most of my life! I tied commercially for many years & still have supplies I bought then. Plus, all the other tying items I've added in the last 10 years since I gave up commercial tying just to have on hand. Yep, I may even be classified as a hoarder too!

I don't have pics like Gary, but I likely have enough supplies to stock a fly shop!

This is one wall in my basement, & this is some of the hooks I tie on! I have a lot more tucked away in boxes! In all these years as a fly flinger, I've accumulated materials to tie just about anything, including jigs for use with other tackle. About the only flies I never tied were classic feather wing Salmon flies. I can cover most others!

BTW, I'm not just a fly angler, I make lures too and have plenty of supplies for that as well!
Click the image to open in full size.

The advise given about getting what you need for specific patterns to get you started is right on the money!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!