View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speycasting Masterclass DVD

I realize this is an older thread, but maybe somebody will find it like I did. I just started spey casting this year. I built a Meiser 15' 8/9 wt. Bob Mieser of Meiser rods told me what line would work best on it and what weight reel would balance it with the lenght handle he suggested. I basically learned everything watching You Tube. I am already putting casts out well over 100' and can do lots of casts. Snap T, Snake roll, Jelly Roll, double spey, wombat, etc. Do not go blind into it however, as there needs to be line to rod matching and wieght balancing. Bob Meiser, who is one of the top spey rod designers on the planet was great help in that department. There are also charts on line for line/rod matching. On the spey rod forum, it is virtually unanimous that the RIO DVD is the best for learning from DVD. I have got to tell you, spey casting is my new favorite thing. There is nothing cooler than executing a multi-spiral snake roll ending in shooting over a hundred feet of line.