View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 07:56 PM

runningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nice
Default Re: Newby casting dilema

Quote:
Originally Posted by grundy View Post
I bought a nice new flyline. I've been practicing in the yard, and the welded loop ended up splitting near where the loop was welded back to the mainline. I'm guessing the grass did this? I now have nail knotted the leader to the flyline, but really enjoyed changing the loop to loop connection to switch from my practice leader to my fishing leader.

My concern is repeatedly re-doing the nail knot and starting to get into the taper of the flyline.

I'm finally able to consistently cast the bulk of the flyline and a very small portion of the running line. in the yard at least...

Anyone else have this problem/solution?

Thanks,

Brian
I fish on the grass as often as in the water and never seen that kind of damage. But of course the "grass" in California is "different".
Anyway, if you just got the line brand new, return it to the seller. You might have a bad one. Almost all fly store will exchange it for you except C....flyshop.