View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Bead Fishing in Fly Fishing Only Water

Hi Russ,

No Orvis shop there any more, Mountain View handles some Orvis inventory but isn't an Orvis franchise. I call the fly Red Head and they were just a product of my having time & materials. If that fellow tied like that and fished them too we probably would have hit it off. I've met a lot of fellows who tie decent flies but fish with plastic, I'm guessing they either have no confidence in fly fishing or they desperately want to catch fish.

I've never used the Red Head and been skunked, below is the first fish taken with one.
Click the image to open in full size.

Not a bad start, that day the fly caught a bunch

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;