View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 07:29 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold
Default A strange Visitor

I walked into one of our rooms tonight and there on the window was this small furry animal. Very cute, at first I thought it was a Chipmunk, but on closer examination, it was not. Grey in colour, bushy tail, big black eyes.

The pictures are not the best as the wife was panicking at the same time as trying to take pictures. Eventually managed to get it out one of our doors after chasing it for half an hour with one of my long handled fishing nets

We have a large fireplace in the room, so I'm guessing it came down the chimney.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

After a bit of online research the little critter is a flying squirrel, apparently very common in CT, however as they are nocturnal they are very rarely seen.

DEEP: Flying Squirrel Fact Sheet

A wee bit of excitement on a Friday night as we wait for the approaching snow storm