View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 01:36 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Generation Flies For Alaskan Salmon & Trout;

Apologies in advance for the derailment of Ard's thread about his wonderful Next Gen flies for Alaskan Salmon and Trout but you bring up a very good point Jim.

When I started tying tubes and shanks for steelies, I honed in on my craft by tying them for smallmouth in a stream. Your point is well taken, just because anglers and tiers see these flies all over the various publications primarily for steelhead or salmon doesn't mean they only work on anadromous fish. If you tie streamers for whatever species, you should consider trying to tie on tubes. Some guys do nymphs and dries on tubes, but my personal opinion is that they really shine on streamers.

You're right on though, there is much that can be learned if the individual is so inclined. I can personally say that the web has expanded my horizons significantly.