View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: New Generation Flies For Alaskan Salmon & Trout;

Hi guys,

Thanks, I believe that there will be improvements all around on the flies for 2014 because I'll fine tune a bit as I go. I'm just now starting to realize that I make all the tubes in the same style as the shank flies. I intend to change that up and make a more traditional type fly but tie it on a tube. I think the Micro tubes will be best suited for that and expect I'll finish the batches I'm working on and then change things up a bit.

I make almost everything with really full hackle because of the places I fish. There are few windows in water conditions where sparse tied or low water patterns seem to make sense. because of that I go for things that will attract a fish in high - swift water which often times has color to it also.

I'll continue to build the list so that people who are headed here regardless of it being a do it yourself trip or other will be able to see what I am using. There are so many flies to choose from in the stores here and many will work. However, if you are one of the 'I want to tie my own' crowd these are a place to start maybe.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;