View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Stripped Peacock quill alternative?

I understand if you are after a certain size and there are some flies I would use only Peacock on but....... if and when it became a problem I went to quills and especially when being creative. For the bleach method Eunan described go 9:1 in what ever quantity, 9 part water to 1 part bleach.

Time = ?? start at 45 seconds swishing the eyy around, pull it, rinse and see if all the fibers are gone, repeat as needed to get them bare. It won't hurt to have a cup of water with an ounce of white vinegar in it handy to stop the burn, then final rinse & dry.

I never did one but have bleached a bunch of other materials and what I said will be a good starting point.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;