Thread: River question
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 02:51 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: River question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser41 View Post
Live in the Sierra foothills about an hour from Lake Tahoe. In the area there are many small and large lakes. Off those lakes there are many, many rivers and tributaries. I would like to go fishing on these rivers....should I assume all these river have trout out there ready to be caught. Just a beginner at fly fishing...mainly fished lakes that are planted.
You live in the same neck of the woods that I do. Here are your options up the major corridors.

US 50 - South Fork of the American River, Silver Fork of the American River, Ice House Road (Ice House Lake, Loon Lake, Union Valley Reservior and their tribs)

SR 88 - Caples Lake, Silver Lake, West Carson River, East Carson River, Red Lake

I 80 - Truckee River, Little Truckee River, Middle Fork American River, Stampede Reservior, Boca Reservior

Make sure to check the DFG website for regs and stocking programs. Some lakes and streams are not being publicly stocked due to a lawsuit. See the DFG website for that.

Also there are three fly shops in the Sacramento region. There is one shop in Placerville. Give them a call.

MP