View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 10:27 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
No real worries there, Flymoron. I've tied a few of them and while quite sexy to me, the fish don't seem to like them any more or less than other well known and commercially available flies. There is a lot of motion to the fly but a bunny leech has a lot too.

The thing, to me, that sets it apart is the profile that you can create with a bit of trimming. However, in the end, it doesn't really seem to equal more fish. It looks great out of the water and even in the water, but a clouser minnow will get just as many reaction strikes.

Nice fly that can catch fish? Sure. Game changer? not at all
It does have one advantage over many of the other standard Warm Water flies and that is it's ability to push water making it a great fly for stained water.

Now there are other flies that push water like that, the Kinky Muddler, a standard muddler, some of the woolhead flies, etc