View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 09:34 AM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How do you know if a line is too heavy for a rod?

I do have a Martin Caddis (?) reel sitting here with 6wt line on it. Dick's Sporting Goods was getting rid of it two years ago. I think the line is not that great but it will work for my purposes.

I will say the rod is full flex. Not quite like the yellow Eagle Claws but the whole rod bends. I thought that was the reason I was having trouble yesterday but I swear it was the line.

I am not a great caster but It felt like I was casting for the first time. I am looking for a rod my son can use to cast from the lake bank. I was hoping this was a 4wt like they thought it was at International Angler but if it is more of a 6wt, it will still work but bluegill won't be as much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2