View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 09:02 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default a couple basic nymphs for trout.

gonna try my luck for brown trout tomorrow for the 1st time so i tied up a few nymphs they mentioned to use. they said to make them in size 14 to 18 but all I got was 14's so I made do with what I had. did make some size 16 drys tho
1st tie is a copper john. 2nd is a pheasent tail and 3rd is a caddis nymph. 4th is a olive/brown deer hair caddis dry fly

the copper john used copper wire, peacock herl and partridge for the legs and also some mylar flash.
the pheasent tail used pheasent tail, copper wire and peacock herl with the mylar flash and the caddis used chartruese midge tubing and some peacock black ice dubbing. the deer hair caddis used olive/brown dubbing, brown hackle and some deer hair. these are on size 14 hooks also but dry instead of wet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNV33459.JPG (80.2 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg SNV33495.JPG (80.1 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg SNV33468.JPG (83.7 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg SNV33474.JPG (81.3 KB, 83 views)

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.