View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: What patterns drive you nuts?

I've made a lot of flies in my time as a fisherman. Big flies, tiny flies, flies that were super realistic and plenty of Bi Visible for brookies that are as simple as they get. I always liked the pattern The Irresistible but when you get down to a tiny spun body you need the right deer hair and a very deft touch. I can still tie about any fly I choose to make but I avoid married wings. I can do this but the amount of time spent building a wing can all become a waste if the wing blows up when you go to fasten it onto the hook.

It can be quite frustrating and is the reason you don't find many of these in my boxes.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;