View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 08:30 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: orange aliens invasion

I definitely agree with the TV influence statement.

I was fishing the Broadhead about two weeks ago; it was clearly blown out from all the rain that we've had in the East over the past month (we're 3 inches over for rain in the month of June - but still behind for the year). Anyway, I was fishing deep with a double nymph rig in the tannic water and getting some good sized browns/rainbows, when all of a sudden 37 kayaks (yes, I counted them as they went by) appeared at the top of the falls section where I was fishing. Normally, those falls would have turned back most kayakers, but with the blown-out condtions, the vertical drop was only about 15 ft. and that was, apparently, fair game for this throng. About 20 % of them ended up upside down at the bottom of the falls and had to be righted by one of the instructors. The noise, the yelling, and the cheering were almost loud enough so that you couldn't hear the falls!.

Most of them waved as they past by where I was fishing and some of them evey said "sorry". But, overall, it was a real bummer. And that was the end of that day's fishing. First time I've ever seen it on the Broadhead. I hope it's the last!