View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 08:07 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Re: orange aliens invasion

Here in Michigan we have the aluminum hatch. It hits most of our bigger streams, with blanket hatches on the weekends. Hatch times are usually strongest between 10 and 3, then begin to tail off. This hatch goes from mid May until the end of August into September depending on the water. They can be identified by their appearance and activity; the later in the day it is the redder they are and the louder they are. A lot seem to get very erratic as the day wears on. One note on this hatch here in MI; they almost all ask how the fishing is.

My most vivid memory of this hatch occured on the South Branch of the AuSable River at Daisy Bend. It was a beautiful sunny day and three very nice looking young ladies came floating down the river topless. I was sitting on the bank taking a break as they approached and said "Hello, beautiful day, huh?" They were a bit startled, and immediately paddled back upstream around the bend. A few minutes passed, and here they came again; this time with tops on. As they passed by they said "beautiful day" and I said "it sure was", and then I told them it might be wise to use sunscreen...LOL

Sorry no pics, just in my mind...

Dan