View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 12:21 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: How to make The Braided Connector For Your Welded Loop Spey Line;

Hi John,

For most conditions about 4' of heavy butt will allow for a good quick sink. Deeper water, 3 - 6 feet I lengthen that butt to 5 or even six feet.

Bear inn mind that if the leader becomes 10 foot long you will need to leave enough fly line out the tip top so you can lift that length of leader for the cast. I use about 4' of butt - 3' of lead head and 3 foot of tippet with my 7 foot 9 inch Far & fine so it can be done. For small streams I shorten the butt and stay with about 3 foot of tippet.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;