View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 04:36 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Who designed the Winston WT and LT?

My belief is that it was Tom Morgan with input from bamboo guru Glenn Bracket that designed the WT's. These rods slowly and carefully evolved during the process of having blanks custom fabricated by quality suppliers until Winston eventually started rolling their own. These are the rods, especially in 8'/#4 and 8 1/2'/#5&6, that made many a trout angler fall in love with carefully crafted, modest actioned, rich green rods made in a tin shack on a back ally in Twin Bridges. Contemporary Winston, wisely, continues to build WT models and the real thing is still made by Tom Morgan Rodsmiths. Whenever I see Glenn, and I hope I will in a couple weeks from now, I try to encourage him to add a graphite rod building addition to Sweetgrass...he resounds with his wise, gentle smile and encourages me to order a cane rod from him.