View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 05:17 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In need of feedback for this BWO emerger.

Here are my thoughts.

Since this fly is an emerger, I would shorten the CDC clump. The wing on an adult mayfly dry is about the length of the hook shank. Your CDC is longer than the emerger nymphal underwater body and is relatively longer than an adult wing would be.

The CDC on your fly should represent the amorphous shape of a body and unfurled wing of the emerging insect; and the larger this shape is, the closer the emerger is to flying off. Also, the larger this shape, the more it should look like the adult. So I think a shorter CDC clump would be more realistic if it were 1/2 to 3/5 its current size.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy