View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 09:47 AM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just wanna say thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker66 View Post
Im just outside of Norman. Close to OKC.

Im just gearing up and learning. I just dont wanna embarrass myself until I learn the very basics.
First of all we were all beginners once so there should be no embarrassment. If an instructor makes you feel that way, find another instructor!

The best option is to find someone that can teach you the correct fly casting habits rather than you learning the wrong habits. It will be much more difficult to become a better fly caster if you have to unlearn bad technique that are now muscle memory.

If you can't find someone to teach you, video yourself so we can tell you what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy