View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 10:11 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fly Line For Musky

Might be a little heavy for a lake, but that's something to experiment with. A lot will just depend on the type of retrieves your using. If you're stripping real fast, then you won't have any issues. But if you're going slow, then yes, dragging on the bottom will be an issue I would think. If I was going to spend most of my time fishing in >5' of water i would get myself a 350 and see how it goes. If you start throwing bigger flies, and fishing deeper water, then look at getting yourself a different line.

Musky fishing isn't an easy sport, and rarely is there a "right" answer. Everyone has got an opinion on this stuff. From flies, to rods, and to lines it is really up to the individual. It's a sport that want to be properly geared up for too. It's hard enough to catch these fish, not even taking into consideration being under geared. If it was me I'd make every possible effort to get yourself an extra spool and some intermediate line to go with that sink line. I don't think you'd regret having that extra versatility in the shallow water.