View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 11:46 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fly Line For Musky

One absolute you will need is a taper designed to turn over very large, wind resistant flies. In lakes, don't get too caught up with an ideal sink rate. Since you have no current you have the ability to adjust how deep you get by how long you let it sink. Tho a line that sinks too fast is going to make you commit to fast retrieve which is largely ineffective fishing to cold sluggish fish. The flyline I found that really impressed me for turning over massive flies with ease and had a very acceptable range of sink rate is the Airflo Sniper type III. It has a floating running line with a sinking tip. and I just found this, which nearly made me vomit cause I paid full price for mine AirFlo WF10S3 Sniper Type 3 Sinking Line | Fly Lines | Outlet | Bob Marriott's Flyfishing Store