View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Silver Salmon August Run in the Kenai Peninsula Area- Information Please

Hi anemec,

I haven't been there for years but the first couple of weeks of September is the best time for Silvers. The Kenai is a huge big river and is tough to fish with out a boat. Then you need to know where to fish. If you don't hook up with a guide it will be tough.

You will have the same problem with the Kasilof. It is not as big as the Kenai but you have access problems. There is just not many places to reach the water.

Ship Creek has fish but it is a Zoo when the fish are in. They also have a lot of restrictions on when you can fish. I never fished it in the mid seventies because there were just too many people. I can only imagine what it is like now.

Ard can tell you about the Little Sue but I think he is at his cabin right now. One thing to consider is to charter a flight to one of the rivers close to Anchorage. Close meaning a 30 minute flight. You don't get the guiding but they put you on a spot that has fish. It is pretty much up to you to catch them.

Frank