View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 01:17 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Fly Line For Musky

I'm a big fan of an intermediate line because it allows me to really control what part of the water column that I want to fish in. I fish mostly lakes, but have fished some slow moving streams in iowa. I'm not just talking pike/musky, but bass and other warm water species as well. Ted has been a mountain of knowledge for this. I' have some vision big daddy fly lines on the way to try. Also, some cortland and teeny lines on the way. I could post some reviews on them, if you need some more input. I have an 8 weight and a couple of "big fly" lines. The outbound short has no issue turning over the 12" flies that I have. I have the older pike fly line that is 40' in head length. It doesn't do as good of a job, but I would think the taper of the new pike line would be a lot better.

Anyway, I will post a review of each of these lines, anyway, just to give people an idea of what awesome products cortland and vision are putting out!