View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 04:02 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup Soccer Added

I'm all in .. but I'm a nut case for watching 'footie.' Played the 'Great Game' for many years. Goalie .. no one wanted to be in front of the net .. and I wasn't all that swift on my feet anyway.

Also Reffed (35 plus years) and the UK version of this Fora refer game questions to me for 'interpretation.' May sound silly but a current "Law's of the Game" is inches from my hand.

As the Center Ref my best Match ever was the 'Winner takes all' in a U10 match local competition. Teams from four different States and you had to be damned good to get into the last round.

Teams/Coaches/Parents in the center circle and I 'explained' how much I hated to blow my whistle..... "Don't make me go there!"

"NO FOUL, PLAY ON!"

And Dear God did they ever. No memory of who won, but for 70'ish minutes these young men ran their hearts out. Only one real stoppage as a player was laying on the ground 50 yards behind me and the Parent's were aware I had no clue.

Amazing how fast you can shut down a game when needed and Mom/Dad gets your attention.

fae

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Dang it!

CB make this a 'stickie' so it doesn't get lost on page four of postings.

Fred

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Mine are in.

fae