Thread: Vise decision
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 09:51 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vise decision

I own a Peak, have had it I think nearly since they came out? Anyone know the first production year?

Anyway, my thoughts and approach with it echo Avs' post. Great vice for the coin and does everything I've needed it to do. Very heavy base, I think I've read they may have the heaviest base for that matter. That's great because it translates into a sturdy vise if you're going the pedestal route. Do make sure to get the midge jaws, you will want them when you tie small flies.

I don't own a Renzetti, but know that many people have them and love them. Honestly, not a bad choice between the two.