View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 10:06 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup Soccer Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
I played football/soccer since I was 8 years old. Played the goalkeeper, right fullback, centre back and defensive midfielder (I like to tackle).

I Haven't played for awhile now but I liked the idea of NO FOUL, PLAY ON unless it is a bad one. I had a 190cm Yugoslavia guy scissored me down when I played for my college team in Australia, I thought that I had broken my left ankle when feel down in slooow motion.
Most Officials really don't communicate with the Players/Coaches pre-match as what's going to happen/not going happen over the next 90'ish minutes.

Most Officials are 'afraid' to pull out their cards and get peoples attention. I was not. First 'yellow' usually only took 5 minutes for someone to do something stupid. Example: Free kick and you give/back off 10 yards (that's 30 feet and a hell of a long way) and 'snuffle-snuffle-shuffle' and 4 or 5 at best.

Actually did this at a 'winner takes all' Tournie. Asked them to move back and zip ..... Issued six of them yellow cards. That point on, if/when, I blew my whistle everyone got the hell out of the way.