Thread: Orvis SSS 7/8
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 12:58 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Orvis SSS 7/8

This reel is not convertible, has a Rulon to cork composite drag with Rulon bushings (way ahead of its time) is completely machined from aluminum bar stock, marine bronze and stainless steel, is anodized and was a design exclusive to Orvis by Argentine STH. I caught huge sea trout in the Argentine with the 9/10 size of this reel and steelhead in the Great Lakes with this 7/8 size. This sample is a later model with the improved handle. I will not be selling mine and, frankly, the price is too low on this nice clean one. People are always asking about a decent steelhead reel and wind up buying Chinese excrement from Ca___las when they could get this reel at such a bargain price...?