View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The rebellious switch rod

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I believe it will be easier to take the class with the longer Spey type rod and then apply the lessons to the shorter rod. I would not hesitate to ask the fellow instructing the casting about bringing the switch along also.In 3 days you ought to be able to get around to it also.

Many casts are the same, they are just made using a shorter rod and line head. I bought an 11'6" last year and found that it was quite like my 13 - 15' rods except sort of a mini version. I wanted it to fit a few creeks that are too small for the longer rods but too much work for me with single hand rods.

Of course there are still places where I use 6'6" - 8' rods but since I found an 11'6" I now have every conceivable size stream or river covered.

Tell the instructor what rod you have and see if he'll help you. I assume this isn't free so he should roll with the punches.

Are

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;