View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 02:37 PM

hokiehunter07 has much to be proud ofhokiehunter07 has much to be proud ofhokiehunter07 has much to be proud ofhokiehunter07 has much to be proud ofhokiehunter07 has much to be proud ofhokiehunter07 has much to be proud ofhokiehunter07 has much to be proud ofhokiehunter07 has much to be proud ofhokiehunter07 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Sexyloops Mobile App flycasting instruction

I just downloaded this app the other day. I've been fly fishing on and off since 2005 but here in the last year and a half decided I want to pursue it almost exclusively. The fact that I bought a vise really helped this transition. Tying flies is as addictive to me as fishing. With as much material as I've purchased I have to commit to fishing...

That said I've always been a serviceable cast at best. I mainly fish for smallies and on small streams I could tear them up and make what I considered accurate casts. I started chasing the smallies on larger rivers and found out I'm not as good of a caster as I thought.

I've watched the Orvis videos and read books on casting, etc. but I still didn't fully understand some of the concepts such as double haul and roll cast. I've seen other people haul but they had trouble describing what they were doing and I had trouble figuring out the timing, etc. I actually haven't even casted since I bought the app, but now I clearly see what I've been doing wrong.

Hopefully I can put in some good practice and really get it down.

Great app and worth the purchase.