View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Distant Oasis- South Llano River Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi Cliff,

Thanks for the pictures. I worked in that area back in the 60's. I had people working in Llano, Junction and Brady. It seemed like every time I saw the Llano River it was in flood stage. I remember a great Bar-B-Q spot and I think it was in Llano. Right on the highway and I seem to remember a screen front. We use to go out of our way to eat there.

This looks like a good river for a canoe?

Frank
The place you're recalling is Cooper's. The original is in Llano, but they have locations in Mason, Junction, and most recently New Braunfels. The original is the Llano location and the lines at the place are ridiculous- like an hour plus at 3pm.

That river would be ideal for a canoe. I'll be trying to float it instead of wade on future trips.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.