View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 05:14 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: wich line works best?

Interesting thread, this, and timely in my case. I've got a ZG Helios 10' 4-weight tip flex 9.5 rod coming in, and am looking for a suitable fly line for it. I bought the rod for fishing technical tailwaters like the San Juan and Guadalupe among others, thinking that its length and light weight (2.5 oz.) would aid in "high stick" nymphing and mending of line for all flies. The Rio Selective Trout II looks to be a good candidate, but am still wondering about whether to go for Double Taper instead of my usual Weight Forward, not only because of what I've heard to be easier roll casting, but also because I would expect presentations might be lighter. Any thoughts on this, and for that matter, are there other fly lines I should be looking at (one that comes to mind is the Orvis Trout Easy Mend Wonderline Generation 3 Fly Line)?