Thread: Sunray Shadow;
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Sunray Shadow;

Hi Josh,

It goes like this;

Pro Tube regular size, I made half with no weight for semi skater types & half with Pro Tube drop weights on them

I have some very old braided tinsel with a cotton core, you may have mylar braided tubing. Slide the mylar back until it is up over the junction tube, use your judgment for the stopping point. Then secure the mylar with red silk, make a nice butt and put a half hitch on it. Now coat with zap a gap.

Come forward and stretch the mylar toward the tip of the tube. Secure it with the red silk, apply zap a gap and then when it ets cut the silk with razor, apply a bit more glue.

The time comes in waiting for the glue to dry.........

Wing; sparse white buck tail - for strands tinsel, tie down and double back, secure and trim tinsel. Now top with black arctic fox or similar soft long hair.

Apply cheeks finish head area, I put a half hitch on the thread and then zap a gap it.

You can see that I kept the head small and neatly trimmed of materials as I went. Each step - buck tail & fox, I gave a dab of cement to hold the fort.

I am seriously liking the prospects of this simple tie. If you have never seen the video 'Sunray Sunray' which is a Hitler spoof, check it out. Don't have any children watching the screen if they can read All the audio is in German and it's funny.

I had never heard of the Sunray until a fellow sent me that you tube vid almost 2 years ago. It took 2 years for me to tie any Weird huh

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;