View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 09:38 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Got a Trophy Fish Yesterday...

My buddy called to see if I wanted to go fish with him yesterday afternoon; and of course I said when? I got there a little early and set up my rod and waded in the river in front of our parking area. I saw some carp working, and decided to try for them. Switched my slider over to a carp teaser I tied the other day. Started fishing the pod, which I discovered is not a good idea; spooked the bunch of them. I stood watching and saw a couple of fish move back in and started working them a little more carefully. Cast up and let the current begin washing the fly down and just started twitching lightly. After about the 5th cast I was into the fish; it amazed me how quick he had me into the backing. Got line back and he made another run; wow! It took me nearly 10 minutes to land him. My buddy had come while I was concentrating on my drifts, and he was able to watch the entire show. He took a pic with his cell phone, and mine; but he closed the phone before saving the pic. He said he will send me the pic from his phone. This is my first, of many I hope; carp on the fly rod.

It was kind of funny, Wednesday when we were fishing we talked about trying to actively fish for carp. I know I will make the effort every chance I get from now on; what a rush...

Dan