View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 12:27 PM

almonde will become famous soon enoughalmonde will become famous soon enough
Default Louisiana Redfish Trip Report

Back in the 'Santa Brought for Christmas' thread I mentioned that my fiancee had booked me a trip to NOLA to go and fish for reds in the marsh.

The day rolled round last month and we drove from Houston to New Orleans, the plan was to make a bit of a weekend of it before the fishing. The weekend was great and the hotel in the french quarter was perfect. However the weather forecast for Monday (the booked day) sucked really bad, after speaking to the guide we decided to reschedule for the following day, where the weather was predicted to be spot on, although that would entail a long drive back to Houston on Tuesday evening after fishing all day.

Come Monday and the weather was as bad as expected, my fiancee drove back to Houston as she had to be at work, leaving me to explore a bit in the rain. Later that day the fishing manager from the Orivs store in Houston drove to town to join me, always nicer to share a boat with someone, my nerves can't stand being on the bow of the boat all day!

Here's some photos of the day, the guide put us on loads of good fish, with Adam catching several reds to 26#. My reds were in the higher teens but i did land a 28# black drum. Finishing the day off with a double hook up was awesome and the adrenaline was still pumping when we arrived back in Houston later that night.

Click the image to open in full size.

No sight fishing opportunities that day!

Hooking up early in the day, eases the pressure Especially after hooking the guide

First Redfish

More Redfish action

Mr Black Drum not pleased with the outcome

Double hook up to end the day.