View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 07:13 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tubefly for resident brown trout

Hey Ben,

Great looking flies, I'm sure you will find yourself tight to some trout with those. Ard has tied some really, really nice flies and his suggestion is undoubtedly a great one.

What I've learned about tying and fishing tubes is that streamers are where it's at when it comes to tubes, spey style flies being a close second. The good news is you can pretty much adapt anything you tie on a shank to a tube. Let your creativity take hold and stick with the colors that work and you'll likely be landing fish. It's pretty clear to me that I think you have the idea based on your ties. Well done.