View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 09:07 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Louisiana Redfish Trip Report

Awesome trip! Were you fishing out of the Hopedale Area?

Last June we fished there. Our Guide was really cool. Every morning we ate breakfast at a small local diner. On the second morning, another guide joined us with his client. Our guide and the other guide's client knew each other, and the guides stepped out to "check their set-ups), leaving us alone with the other fellow. He quickly informed us that our guide was "grouchy" and had a wicked temper. The guides returned, we finished and paid the tab, and proceeded on to the marina.

Our guide began to laugh almost as soon as we got in the vehicle. He told us that the other guy (the client) had fished with him a few weeks prior to us, and that he was the worst caster he ever saw. And even worse he didn't wait for the guide to position the boat for a shot at the fish. After being hooked 3 times in the first hour and whacked by the hook a half-dozen more times, he called it a day, returned to shore, and refunded the guy his money (which I thought was pretty classy).

We began fishing, and about 2 hours into it, our guide gets a phone call. It was from the guide we met that morning. He was not happy, as he was on shore, on his way to the doctor to get a 1/0 hook removed from his neck! He was pretty miffed at our guide for not warning him! Seems that last "hook-up" was the fourth of the morning. The rest were all easily removable I guess.

I think being a guide would have to qualify as a hazardous job!

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.