View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 12:44 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fishpond Nomad Nets

Bigfly and William: I have been interested in that 37" mid-length model since I first saw the Nomad nets. My issue with using a net while wade fishing has always been how much I have to extend to try to net a fish; rod arm outstretched as far behind the head as possible, netting arm reaching out in front as far as possible, all the while trying not to tip over with rocks poking into the one knee I'm planted on. It is quite the core workout.

Aside from the yoga-esque movement, this is act puts more strain on your rod than any other action. Most likely you have your rod pointed back and up, away from the fish. This puts incredible strain on the tip of your rod, bending it close to 180* if not to it. Most rods break at the tip and when they are over stressed like this action. Think about it, you would never truly double your rod tip back on purpose while fighting a fish...and if you saw someone do it you'd say, "look at that yayhoo, he's gonna bust his rod."

Diatribe aside: do you guys with experience with this net find it suitable for wade fishing? William, I have often thought that it could work stuck into a wading belt. I am a short guy, 5'7" and I really wish I could hold one of these nets to see how it would "fit" me.