View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 04:32 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Keeping track of leaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by garybrower View Post
Hi,

Does anyone have a system for keeping track of leaders. For example, I may go from a better body of water that may call for a 5X 9' leader to one that requires a 4X 7-1/2'. So I take off the 5X....but, short of having a pre-marked baggie, how do I keep from confusing it with other leaders (from earlier, similar situations)? I've thought about some kind of color-code marking up at the loop end? Thoughts?

Gary

Sent from my RAZR via Tapatalk
Gary,

I think I have a system that is cheap and will work for you. I posted it to this thread.

Leader Management Question

I use 3" X 4" "white block" zip lock bags from Michaels Craft Store. They are $3.29 per 100. Label the bag with a Sharpie for leader length, tippet size, nymphing or dry. Hold the bags together with a rubber band. Simple, cheap, efficient.

If you want a "wallet," staple about 10 of the bags together at the bottom so you have a "flip leader wallet" that you can flip to the correct bag.

Click the image to open in full size.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy