Thread: Bennett Spring
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 12:51 PM

Flyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to all
Default Re: Bennett Spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie789 View Post
Wow that's something! I am planning a trip down there for the first time this year.
One thing else to look for is the moss cutting schedule. Try weaver's tackle for the days and times. Some people love it and some hate it.

Why you might hate it: When they're doing it, it will make parts of the stream tough to fish with all the vegetation floating around till it goes downstream. (you can always go upstream).

Why you might love it: It makes scuds and nymphs absolutely deadly. They get dislodged and its chow time.

Personally, I like it.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Quote:
[Trout parks] are a great place to teach kids and adult beginners how to fish with a fly rod (there is nothing like catching something to guarantee a desire to return and do it again).
Absolutely. As a newbie, I went down there after doing a summer of bluegills and a few winter stockers. It was the first time I got to see other flyfisherman in action. Just seeing a decent backcast was helpful. I learned to roll cast just by watching and talking to a guy next to me. He even gave me a few flies.

That family was typical of Bennett Springs--there with his wife, several grandkids who had spin tackle, and his son and daughter-in-law for a week's summer vacation. The women were not that serious about fishing, and could find stuff to do in the antique and art stores and the amish craftshops in the area while everybody else went after trout.