View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by racine View Post
As a followup, I thought I'd mention that this was a great trip with the only downside being that you can only camp on the river for 2 days max! I've never caught so many browns in my life. It was in the 70's when we hiked down at 0800 am but in the 90's when we hiked out at 3 pm. The hike was 1.5 hrs in and 2.4 hrs back. I would not recommend this to anyone out of shape or with heart disease as it's definitely a stress test. My fishing buddy hauled in some very nice 20+" browns while I broke off more than I'd care to admit. My taste for trout has returned as I tasted some brown trout our companions had for dinner. Expecting the worse, I had some very tasty trout that came very close to salmon in texture, color and flavor. We are doing this trip again but definitely bringing a much lighter tent. Thanks for all the help and suggestions fellas, they were much appreciated.
Racine: Thanks for the trip report! Glad you had a great time and some great fishing from the sounds of it. Yes, I have heard that it is a very tough descent in and climb out, but then I guess that is why the fishing is so good!

Larry