View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 03:15 PM

nir has a spectacular aura aboutnir has a spectacular aura aboutnir has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Fly Fishing The Surf

I have little experience in surf fishing, but my impression was that it is less complicated and more accessible than people think. I was in Central California in october and had a lot of fun surf fishing. I brought my six weight with me and bought an intermediate line with a few small saltwater flies that looked like sandfleas when I arrived in San Francisco. I than bought a basket at a superstore and made a makeshift stripping basket with a duck tape belt! hehe

I then put on my wadding pants and went on into the surf! I had so much fun even if I only caught 3 fish in 4 hours of fishing! I can't wait to try again and would like to try the east coast this summer.

Best way to learn a new type fishing is to go out there and experience, nothing wrong with getting skunked of making mistakes.

Finally, I'd like to add that one advice that was given to me a few times before fishing and that I found very useful was: Do not turn your back to the surf!!!