View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Great read.
I can appreciate the O.P. desire to earn some coin doing something that we get so much joy from. At one point or another many of us have thought of or tried doing the same.

Honestly though, as the article mentioned, it is very hard to compete with the oversea's factories. Their overhead is very low, they buy hooks, hackle, and material in such large amounts that I can only imagine the discounts they are given, and the overall quality has vastly improved over the years.(some not all).

In my opinion it's an uphill battle if one wants to make a living at it, but I do think a person could still make some fair coin tieing local proven patterns.

Good Luck with whichever direction you choose.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*