View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I have caught some large carp while nymphing for brown trout where Lycoming Creek meets the West Branch of the Susquehanna River in Pennsylvania. The first one I ever hooked happened in the dark and I thought I had hooked the new state record trout until I beached the fish and saw that it was a carp. After catching a few I learned to recognize the feel of a carp bulling the bottom. They are strong fish and great sport on a fly rod.
Ard: Great story, had me laughing thinking you had a huge trout only to find out in the end it was a carp. Oh well, at least it was a good fight and a fun time!

Larry