View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 02:29 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dear God, the NE tiers of States are about to get pounded with more snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear 007 View Post
We got another 23" last Thursday with more in the forecast, there is up to 30" of ice on the river and temps are still way below normal, I would not want to live on a flood plain, it has the potential to be devastating.
Not sure of the regulations on purchasing flood insurance at this point but it used to have a 10 day 'blank out' period after paying the premium. Flood maps are easy to access on line and if you haven't you should. Two 'flood zones' (you will see very little reference to the second), first is the "100 year," the second is is/was the "500 year."

You're in the first and flood insurance is usually required for any type of loan. Some lenders kept the 'old maps' that had the "500 year" and still insist on the purchase of the insurance (actually quite inexpensive). Just trust me on this one, "500 year" floods are far more common that people might suspect.

So where are these 'zones?' Far closer than many might suspect. I'm not in either of the zones but have them less than one half mile from my front door. Open fields they may be, but a 100 year flood zone they are.