View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: double haul question

Hi everyone,

I just found my way to this thread because I had a request from the original poster to close his account. As is done with all such requests the account was closed immediately on the request.

The contact from Rob came through my admin e-mail account and I replied to him apologizing for any wrongdoing prior to reading this thread. Having not read the thread I was left under the impression that Rob was having trouble getting the double haul figured out and that 'someone' had been rude or otherwise unfriendly to his posted question.

I can see nothing out of line here at all! You may notice that I very rarely comment on distance cast threads because they are sometimes wrought with ego. In this case I saw only one display of ego and it was not from any long time forum members.

I have been fishing for a long time and in that 'long time' I have learned how to cast with many different rods and lines. I don't recall any one situation when I needed to cast 100 feet consistently; frankly it seems too much work for me to enjoy doing so. I fish here in Alaska sometimes using 15' rods and still I seldom see 100' casting. To me the thread and any offense taken by Rob now seem quite frivolous.

No harm, No foul, I think the replies were all quite normal and in good form considering the subject matter.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;