View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Russian River, CA a good stream?

Hi bobtx,

I fished the Russian back in the 50's. The Russian has had some hard times over the years. Right now the river is closed to all Salmon fishing to try and bring them back. There is a Fall/Winter Steelhead run but I don't know it's status. You may be too soon in early October. I would contact a local fly shop and see what they have to say.

There are areas of Trout and Bass but I have no idea where to fish. You are lucky that there is a road system along a lot of the river. Also a lot of private land so you have to be careful about access.

Frank