View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 09:01 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SILVERTHORNE/Breckinridge/Vail/Copper mtn

I don't know how to identify the 'best' location for trout fishing. All those spots would get you close to a lot of good water. Actually those you listed as top choices are rather close to each other. If you add Vail you'll get a bit further West but it is an easy drive unless there is snow.

As for private / public water. Yes the land on the bottom of the river can be owned if both banks are owned but removing all 'private' water from Colorado and you'll have to work pretty hard to run out of water. Beyond an annual trip with my dad and brothers where my dad likes to fish some private water, I don't plan to pay for access and am not worried about finding spots to fish.