View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 07:02 PM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fly in and camp out destinations?

You're right Larry. The only way I can afford to take the trips I do is to organize a group together. We did Alaska this time for 2 weeks at about 1300 dollars each, that includes everything. We did Alaska in 2007 same way, 5 guys at 1200 dollar each. Did a 9 day trip to Wyoming with 3 other guys, total cost at 800 dollars each

On the Alaskan trip a good example is the flight into the Upper Russian. The plane is 600 dollars an hour, with is much cheaper split 5 ways.

As for transportation.........the U-Haul was 29.95 a day. Total cost for the two weeks with mileage was aboutg 850 dollars, rental car was 1300, split 9 ways, costs each guy about 250 dollars.

October is a Salmon Trip, then I am done for this year, but am already looking at next year.

I want to start with a spring wilderness rating trip for trout, most likely somewhere in Missouri. Am going to do the Kenai one more time in July, but will plan a couples trip, as my wife wants to go. I am also going to do a mid August Mountain trip, backpacking and fishing similar to the one we did in the Winds, and actually may do the same route, as I think I can do it better the second time.

A cheap excursion..........name your price on Priceline for a flight into Jackson Hole Wyoming. Take a rod tube and a backpack. Rent your car from rent-a-wreck. Cheaper yet, use public transportation to get to Pinedale. Stop at the local flyshop and pay a guy a hundred buck to drop you off and pick you up a week later at the Green River. I think I could easily do a one week trip on the Green River for 600 dollars, even on my own.