Thread: Moment of zen
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 11:33 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moment of zen

...interesting note, presentation of that stone was rather unorthidox. It had swung across and in about three feet behind the small school of trout. My friend did two slow strips to bring the fly into the trout from behind them. The trailing one noticed it and went nuts..allerting the others who followed suit. the fly was suspended in rather slow moving water so no dead drift etc. it was the third strip of about a foot that pulled the larger trout out from his hiding.

My friend had been doing this same presentation with a drowned royal wolff (wet fly) all morning with about the same results I had down stream sweating dead drifts, multi fly rigs, indicators...everything I could think of as the situation called for it... The "orthidox" approach

That big rainbow was the largest I saw or heard of from anyone we met over the two days there and most likely wasn't a freshly stocked specimen. I left thinking that technical streams present special circumstances where simply different presentations (outside the norm) can bring results. A far different trick to learn than the (BFE rarely if ever fished before) streams of my past in Wyoming.

Interesting challenge!